Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Airing my dirty laundry

Good morning!  How was your weekend?  Mine was awesome, very productive, and way too short :)

So I have a dirty little secret.  I have this dungeon in my house.  This dark, dirty little room where I am forced to do load after load of laundry.  I affectionately call it my 'laundry room'.  Oh, you have such a dungeon in your house too?!  Glad I'm not alone :P

In all seriousness, I've had a love/hate relationship with this room since we moved in.  I like that I have an actual room for laundry, in my house instead of the garage.  I hate everything else


The ceilings are low, there's no natural light, and the walls are painted this god awful fleshy tan color.  Ick.  There are two great big wire shelves, which are kinda ugly and just over kill for me.

Then there's the wall'o'holes.


Yea, so when installing the bar in the 'man cave', the previous owners thought the best idea was to run giant screws straightthroughthewall.  You read that right.  Through.the.wall.  Oh, and that drilling giant holes to pass electrical wires through was also a good idea. Facepalm


Did I mention that this is the room we always enter the house through?  So stepping through a dark, dirty little dungeon every time you enter the house=kinda depressing.

Some sweet little details, that just aren't my thing.

And the room just needs a solid cleaning in general!



So there she is, in all her former glory :). That's right, my dungeon is getting a face lift!  Because if I must be tortured with laundry, at least a pretty view will help me endure :)

I'm trying to keep this pretty low budget.  So, a little paint, maybe a wall treatment, some homemade art.  Oh, and the bar from the man cave!  Yep, we are taking those giant screws out of the wall, and reusing some of the cabinets for storage!


We've got a bit of work ahead, but it's looking sooooo much better all ready!  Can't wait to get to the finished product!!

No comments:

Post a Comment