Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

On a Positive Note


Do you ever find yourself going through your day, and nothing seems to be going quite right?  Your toddler is exercising his ability to say 'no' liberally, the house is a mess, your tired and you have to figure out what to make for dinner?  Its so easy to just grumble your way through the day, leaving yourself in a black mood that you share with everyone you encounter.

I don't know about you, but I find that being negative is SO exhausting!  But I also know that, once the cycle starts, it is hard to break yourself out of a lousy mindset and inject some sunshine into your day.

Enter this little jar.  Just a simple idea.  A jar to hold positive thoughts, for when you are having difficulty remembering all the beautiful, happy, smile worthy things in life!


I got this jar at HomeGoods for $4.99.  Woot for a good deal :)  And I picked up a couple little labels at Micheal's for $3.  I decided to call this our Positivity Jar.


I put this first label on, and it looked terrible.  But, staying positive, I pulled it off and tried again :)


Not perfect, but much better!

Then I wrote down a handful of things that make me smile.  Things that my family and I can pull out every once in a while and read through.  And I'm going to take a second to jot down little things that fill my heart with joy whenever they occur to me!


This jar of happy is going to live on our kitchen counter :)  I hope that whenever one of us is having a stressful day, just looking at it will remind us of all of the awesome in our lives, and fill our hearts with joy!  Because who wants to go through life focusing on the negative when there is so.much.POSITIVE!  amiright?! 

So what helps you remember to smile?  Maybe a certain song really puts some sunshine in your day?  Or maybe you already have a jar full of inspiration and happy memories?  Have a happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. Very good idea...I like a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time imagining you being negative Robyn! You just might be the most positive person I know :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your so sweet! I can definitely have my moments tho :-)

      Delete