Pages

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

FALLing in Love

So reader be warned, this post is going to be all about food.  Actually, if you are hungry, I suggest grabbing a snack before going any further.

Got your snack?  Awesome, lets do this :)

For those of you who don't know, I'm pregnant.  Also probably not news, I live in central Florida.  So while I love fall, its not really a season we get here.  Instead, we have a shift in temperatures from 90 to 85, autumn decorations at Disney, and all things pumpkin flavored.  And let me tell you, I count down the days until that explosion of pumpkiny goodness.  Namely pumpkin ice coffees!


Can't you just taste that cold pumpkin goodness??  Just me?  Maybe its a heightened pregnancy sense, who knows.  And while this is a yearly classic for me, there are some new-to-me things I've tried this year that are rocking my life.

Pumpkin spice m&ms.  Oh.my.goodness.  I am ashamed to admit I sat at the computer reading blogs one night and killed almost half a bag of these.  don't judge.


Dunkin has another slam dunk out this season (see what I did there?).  The pumpkin pie donut.  Basically its a frosted donut filled with pumpkin pie filling.  If you like pumpkin pie, you are going to flip out when you try this donut :)  I think between the donuts and the coffee, Dunkin is trying to put me in the poor house (and much larger pants) this season!!

I actually tried these little gems for the first time today.  The caramel apple milky way.  I picked up a bag out of curiosity.  I will be purchasing three more because they are magical.  Its basically a little wrapped bite of caramel and chocolate covered apple. 'Nuff said.
I also just tried this for the first time today too!  (stop it I can tell you are judging me!)  We thought today was 'Talk Like a Pirate' day at Krispy Kreme, and while going through the drive thru for our free glazed donuts, I couldn't help but sample their pumpkin treat too.  Unfortunately, talk like a pirate day is tomorrow.  Fortunately, the pumpkin cheesecake donut is freakin amazing!  And I'm not sad that I'll have to go back tomorrow for free donuts :)


So since I can't have fall weather, at least I can satisfy a craving for seriously bad for you fall food!  And now you can too!  Your welcome :)

ps. If you show up at Krispy Kreme in central florida DRESSED as a pirate, they will give you a dozen free glazed donuts!  Don't know if this is nation wide or not.  Challenge accepted anyone?

1 comment:

  1. I saw pumpkin spice Thomas English muffins today. Was temped but decided to wait.

    ReplyDelete