Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Happy Hooker

So, I have a little secret.  

I hang out a lot on the corner of 5th and Vine.....



Only kidding!  Please tell me you didn't believe that.  And if you did, we need to talk :P

Actually, I like to crochet!  It's something that I started in college, believe it or not.  I remember many late nights, hanging out with my neighbors in the dorm, watching American Idol and working on the blanket that I gave to my then boyfriend.  He's stuck around all this time, so it must have been an amazing blanket :D (Also can you tell I was QUITE the party animal in college?!)

Anywho, its something that I kinda do for a while, and then I don't pick up my hook for months, and then I get back into it.  And remember how much I enjoy it!  I like to make baby blankets for people, scarves, and I've even done coffee cup cozy's!

Well, I figure with a new little one about to be here, its time to pick up my hook again!  And its been a lot of fun :)  Here's some little beanies I've made for P.



I need to start a blanket for her.  And finish the one I have started for Gage.  Better late than never right?  I'm also working on some Christmas gifts.  And I might get really sassy and attempt a pair of booties for baby girl :)

If you're interested in trying out a new crafty hobby, I totally recommend crocheting!  Check out YouTube for tutorials.  And once you learn a couple basic stitches, you are good to go!  I recently discovered Ravelry, which is a great website full of patterns and tutorials.  And of course Pinterest is always a great place to lose a few hours of your day find some inspiration.

So how about you?  Any secrets to share? ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment