Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Feeling Super


Hello and happy Monday to ya! Hope you had a fantastic weekend.

So the title of today's post is actually a bit of a farce.  I actually managed to come down with a wicked cold this weekend :( so I'm not really feeling super today. BUT, I am managing to feel a bit better already, thanks to one Super food: kale


Along with lots of water, vitamin C and rest, I'm packing this leafy green veggie in wherever I can!  My favorite way to eat it- in a smoothie!  Kale definitely has a distinct, almost bitter taste.  But pop it in a smoothie, and you don't even know it's there!

Blueberry Kale Smoothie
1 c vanilla almond milk
1 banana
1-2 leaves of kale, stem removed
1/2-1 c frozen blueberries

Mix on high until smooth and enjoy!

I also made a kale soup the other day, and enjoy kale chips on the regular.  Check out all the benefits of this awesome leafy green!


Well I'm going to go have a smoothie, and try to get some rest!  What are some of your favorite remedies for dealing with colds?

No comments:

Post a Comment