Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

Crockpot Spiced Apples

Hello and happy Monday!  I hope you had a fantastic weekend!  I got to enjoy a little girl time, and the hubs and I did get to sneak out to a movie.  For all those who have been thinking about seeing Star Trek, DO IT!  It was amazing :)

So today, I've got a little something different for you- a recipe!  Its nothing crazy fancy, just a little toddler snack I make for beansie :)  Actually, who am I kidding, I eat it too.

Here's what you'll need:
A crockpot
Cinnamon
Apples
Water

That's it!


I used a 3lb bag of red delicious apples this time around, but I've used honeycrisp, gala, there all yummy.


Just wash your apples, and chop into bite size pieces.


Place them in the crock pot, and pour about 1/2 cup of water over them.


Then sprinkle a teaspoon of cinnamon over the top.


Set your (old, banged up) crock pot to low, and forget about it for 4 hours :)


And voila!  Simple as that :)


Gage eats these bad boys by the bowlful!  They are a great healthy snack to keep around, and will keep in the fridge for about a week.  They are also delicious heated up over vanilla ice cream. mmmmmmm.

And can I just say, I love my crock pot?  Like, its become an unhealthy obsession at this point lol.  But it makes cooking so.much.easier!!!!  

What kind of crock pot magic have you cooked up lately?  Any great toddler recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment