Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

She went to Sherwin!

Thats right kids, Sherwin Williams semi annual sale started today!  And guess who was bouncing around like a kid headed to Disney World this morning??  This loser awesome person :D

So once Dano got home, P woke up from her morning nap, and we got ready to go, we all piled into the car and set out on my FIRST EVER trip to Sherwin Williams!  I could barely control my excitement, or bladder.  Cut me some slack, I've had two kids.  All the mommas out there feel me on that one.  Anywho, we got about two blocks from home, and as Dan rounded a corner he said 'I think the car is about to die'.  What?!?!  But I'm going to Disney World Sherwin Williams!  And they are having a SALE! We had no choice but to limp home.  The alternator breathed it's last just as we pulled into the driveway /sadtrombone.

There is, however, a happy ending to this over-dramatized story!  So did I mention Sherwin Williams is only about 5 blocks from my house?!  Yea, anyone else smell the danger THAT presents?  And we have a second vehicle :). But since said vehicle is a mustang, I was going to be flying solo on this great paint adventure.  We unpacked the kids, I grabbed my purse, hopped in 'the race car' (Gage's adorable nickname for the 'stang) and resumed my quest!  As I write this I'm thinking 'wow, talk about priorities Robyn!  The car is dead but who cares? Give me paint!'.  However, my live in mechanic is currently fixing the alternator.  Love that man :)


Back to the paint!  So my local store is awesome.  As I walked in, Manny introduced himself and asked if I needed any help (hi Manny!).  I explained my projects, and the fact that the previous owner was a little over zealous with holes in the wall :). He recommended their Harmony paint, so I got a gallon of that mixed up.  It's zero VOC and odorless, plus it will help fill minor imperfections on the wall.  Then I told him I needed some rollers and some paint for the floor.  Unfortunately his store doesn't carry the specific paint I was looking for, so I'll have to hit a different SW this weekend (darn ;)).  BUT, he told me if I call earlier in the week, they can have things delivered from a different store, for me to pick up here!  Love it!  Manny patiently listened to all my questions, discussed options  and even offered to carry everything to the car for me, all while the store was pretty busy!  I will definitely be back :)


'But wait Robyn, did you say paint for the FLOOR?'  I knew I couldn't get anything past you ;)  That's right friendlies, we are going to paint the concrete subfloor!  I've done some research, and looked at tons of pics.  I'm pretty psyched about it!  Fingers crossed it happens this weekend, so I can tell you all about it next week!

So how did you celebrate paint week?  Anyone planning a trip to SW to take advantage of the sales?  Click here for a coupon to help you save even more!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment